Thursday, March 15, 2012

This is the scene from our living room window. Not too shabby, eh?

I think that I figured out how to put up photos. I am so lame that it make myself spent 2 hours per day studying my little Mac Book and learning stuff!

Yesterday was "Summer Day", a national pagan holiday to celebrate re-birth and no coats! Hundreds of thousands of people, families and especially kids thronged the major blvd. Most notable are these 5" big sugar cookies that vendors are selling every 10 feet for 10 blocks. I mean every 10 feet. Bands were rocking and many simple toys made in China were being bought for the little ones. There was an business expo of sorts with little tents. I was able to sample some great olive oil. 

The apt. is coming together. Electrical learnings are steep. There are three prong outlets, two prong outlets, but not for our US products like Ipad, laptops and Kindle. I dusted around this TV where cable guys just installed a huge dish on the veranda and somehow moved a cord and lost the signal. The washing machine has temperatures in centigrade and will do about 6 items at a time. Guess I went from electrical to appliances. Anyway, it is all good, just adjusting from life in America! We are lucky to have this experience.
Peter and I are off to Montenegro this weekend for an overnight on the coast at a town that many say rivals Dubrovnik. It's name is Kotar. Look it up on google. 

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment